About this collection
This site isn’t a full listing of every Tolkien book ever published. It’s just a big list of Tolkien-related items that I actually own. So if I haven’t got it, you won’t find it here. Besides, there are plenty of better sites out there that have complete bibliographies and everything.
I’ve tried to include a photo for every item, and a little bit of extra information too. I haven’t attempted to review any of the books here either - that would really be too great an undertaking for a part-time hobby, but you may find an occasional comment from me for editions I particularly like, or some books which proved overwhelmingly disappointing.
In most cases the ‘publication date’ I’ve given is the date that my particular copy was published, and not the date that the book was first published. Some items have very little additional information - sorry, but I just didn’t have the time to research everything in that kind of detail.
Please feel free to add comments with links to other sites with more detailed listings - or add comments with additional information that other visitors (or I) might find useful.
If you want to contact me about my collection, then please feel free to get in touch - but please read the frequently asked questions first. I don’t offer valuations, and I may not have time to reply at all.
You may notice some serious gaps in the collection. I was a bit nuts about Tolkien in my youth, so the majority of items here are from the late 70′s and 80′s. Interest was renewed when the Lord of the Rings movies came out in 2001-3, so there’s a fair few movie-related items too.
Below is a list of the categories on this site, with number of items in brackets.
- BOOKS BY TOLKIEN (170)
- Middle-earth related (134)
- Bilbo's Last Song (1)
- The Adventures of Tom Bombadil (3)
- The Children of Húrin (1)
- The History of Middle-earth (24)
- The History of the Hobbit (2)
- The Hobbit (42)
- The Lord of the Rings (40)
- The Road Goes Ever On (2)
- The Silmarillion (14)
- Unfinished Tales (5)
- Other Works (24)
- Beowulf : The Monsters and the Critics (1)
- Farmer Giles of Ham (6)
- Finn and Hengist (1)
- Mr. Bliss (1)
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (2)
- Smith of Wootton Major (3)
- The Fall of Arthur (1)
- The Father Christmas Letters (2)
- The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth Beorhthelm's Son (1)
- The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún (1)
- The Letters of J.R.R.Tolkien (2)
- The Old English Exodus (1)
- Tree and Leaf (2)
- Treasuries/Collections (12)
- Middle-earth related (134)
- BOOKS CONCERNING TOLKIEN (117)
- TOLKIEN Miscellanea (145)
- Calendars (36)
- Cassettes (5)
- CDs (10)
- Coins (3)
- Diaries (4)
- DVDs (10)
- Figures, Statues (6)
- Games, Cards, Roleplaying (15)
- General Fantasy / Literature (10)
- Magazine Covers / Articles (1)
- Newspapers, Magazines (3)
- Postage Stamps (5)
- Postcards (3)
- Posters (20)
- Related Items (1)
- Sundries (4)
- Videos (2)
- Vinyl LPs (7)
See also the index of all items
At the age of 12 I had a pudding-bowl haircut, very few friends, and a goldfish called Hildifons Took.
Thirty five years later, I am married to a beautiful woman who has absolutely no interest in J.R.R.Tolkien whatsoever. I tried to get her to watch ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’ and we didn’t even get as far as Bree.
I have two beautiful children, neither of whom is old enough to take to see ‘The Hobbit’.
Funny old world.